A special weekend camp for children, ages 6-15, who are grieving the death of a family member. Camp Dragonfly offers a safe environment where children can openly express their feelings and have fun. Facilitated by trained bereavement counselors and volunteers, Camp Dragonfly is made possible through the generosity of the Kline Foundation, McCormick Foundation and the Pollock Foundation. It is free of charge for all participants, but campers must apply in advance. For more information or to request a camper application please call (717) 732-1000 or (866) 779-7374.
2018 Camp Dates & Locations
(Friday evening to Sunday afternoon)
- Teen Track (13-15) Available at Camp Hebron
- Parent/Guardian Session (Sunday) to Learn About Childhood Grief
- New Horsemanship Program! (Camp Hebron location only)
- Fun Camp Activities (It’s okay to smile or laugh when you are grieving.)
- Group Sessions to Help Children Learn Healthy Ways to Cope with Loss
- Adult Buddies Provide Companionship, Support and Supervision
When is Camp Dragonfly?
- June 1-3 – Camp Swatara, Bethel, PA
- June 8-10 – Camp Hebron, Halifax, PA
Deadline for application is May 1, 2018