Hospice of Central PA offers this special weekend camp for children, ages 6-15, who are grieving the death of a family member. Camp Dragonfly offers a safe environment where children can openly express their feelings and have fun. Facilitated by trained bereavement counselors and volunteers, Camp Dragonfly is made possible through the generosity of the Kline Foundation, McCormick Foundation and the Pollock Foundation. It is free of charge for all participants, but campers and camp volunteers must apply in advance.
For more information or to request an application please call (717) 732-1000 or download the application using the link below. Camp weekends run from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.
The deadline for camper applications is May 1, 2020.
- Teen Track (ages 13-15)
- Parent/Guardian Session (Sunday) to Learn About Childhood Grief
- Group Sessions to Help Children Learn Healthy Ways to Cope with Loss
- Adult Buddies Provide Companionship, Support and Supervision
- Horsemanship Program!
- Fun Camp Activities (It’s okay to smile or laugh when you are grieving.)
Camp Dragonfly 2020
- June 5-7: Camp Hebron, Halifax, PA
Camper and Volunteer Applications
Applications will be available soon!